Holistic Hospice Care
Harmony Hospice respects and honors the very personal choice made by many who have been informed that their illness is no longer responding to conventional care. We can provide relief with the reassurance that our professional staff is well experienced and able to provide compassionate care for the client, as well as guidance to the family and caregivers. Physical, social, spiritual, and emotional care are provided by a clinically-directed interdisciplinary team consisting of patients and their families, professionals, and volunteers during the last stages of an illness, dying process & bereavement period.
Why Harmony Hospice?
Our hospice team will meet with you and your family to develop a care plan that meets your needs and wishes. We provide a variety of services 24/7 in your home or at a care facility. Our interdisciplinary hospice team provides physical, social, spiritual, and emotional care during the last stages of an illness, dying process & bereavement period.
We couldn’t possibly list all the services we offer to support you during this time, but here is a glimpse of some of the services:
- Manage pain and symptoms
- Provide needed drugs, medical supplies, and equipment
- Coach and support the family on how to care for the client
- Assist with emotional, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the client and family
- Facilitate short-term inpatient care when pain or symptoms become too difficult to manage at home
- Facilitate respite care for caregivers
- Provide bereavement care and facilitate counseling to surviving family and friends
Deciding whether or not you qualify for hospice can be difficult on your own. Our staff of professionals is trained to know if you are eligible and would be glad to assess your situation. Ask yourself these questions:
- Has my disease stopped responding to treatment?
- Has the doctor suggested that I have a matter of months or days to live?
- Has the doctor recommended hospice to me?
- Do I have a condition that cannot be treated?
- Am I confused about my options?